website not being indexed properly RRS feed

• Question

• According to www.alexa.com, www.boconline.com has approx. 44,000 sites indexed and www.bizopjournal.com  has around five. Yet in the windows live search I have to type in site:www.boconline.com just to find 1 result and when I type in www.bizopjournal.com there is over 50 pages indexed. If you check the waybackmachine.com site it will also show that this site has been around since the mid nineties, but sites that are only a few years old with less sites indexed on the world wide web show more results in your search engine. If you go on GOOGLE or YAHOO and type in business opportunities my partners site will show up on the first page and in most cases it is the first result shown. Why is it not like that in Live Search? Secondly why did this only happen to one of the partners websites? He has almost twenty of them that fit the same category (business opportunities) and they have all been constructed the same way. It even gets as ridiculous as if you search for www.boconline.com and scroll through the results you will come upon www.bizoppclassifieds.com which is another one of the partners websites. The reason it shows up is because there are links to the sister page, but you cannot find the site searched for. Do you know why this is happening, or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:11 PM

Answers

• No. Unfortunatly it doesn't.  We don't use google as a judge for the quality of sites.  Niether does yahoo, etc.  Given the overall size and  overall depth Google can include sites that we might throw out in their index. 

Jeremiah

Monday, February 4, 2008 3:24 AM

All replies

• jeremiah, i know that you have probably read this as well as other post i have made. why have i not gotten a response? this thread had been here almost a month and had 55 views. the information herin is very correct and needs to be adressed. the Partner in question will not be reenrolling into the Partner Program as a Certified Partner because of the severe impact and how much money he has lost and is still loosing....(over $3,000 a month for over two years) this is not how we should treat our partners he needs help along with everyone else posting threads on this site. there is a problem here and it has to be on your side, everyone is experiencing the same problems not showing up in the search, being indexed with no results. 90% of them have done everything you ask and throw at them and nobody gets anything in return but no results in a search. The algorithim needs to be changed i propose you go back to the old one until things are cleaned up. at least you will give relief to many MS supporters while giving a real chance to make things right!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:44 PM
  • Let me answer your question:  First in regards to http://www.bizoppclassifieds.com.   I did a quick check of Google, Yahoo, and Alexa to see what your page rank is in those sites here is what I found:

In all cases your site is showing up with very poor rank.   I bring this up because this is also what you are seeing in Live search.  You are not seeing the crawler because your site is not ranking.  Unlike Yahoo we do have six pages indexed.   The biggest challenge for you with this site is not that our crawler or algo is flawed, it is that the things that would cause your page to rank are not being implemented.  For example in your top 100 links a majority are low ranking internet directories.  These sites will not improve your site rank.

I did the same check for www.boconline.com.

I am not seeing any validation of your claim that 44,000 pages are included in any index.  Please feel free to share links to additional data.  When I look at these sites, I am not seeing lots of great content just lots of links.  The best thing you can do is look at the following article:

http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive/2008/01/11/i-m-not-ranking-in-live-search-what-can-i-do.aspx

Our search like all search engines has a limited size in its index, although we are growing all the time.  Based on a number of factors we algorithmically select what we believe to be the best content. We would love to include everypage from everysite, but we can't.   The article mentioned above shares the qualities we look for.   Again looking at your back links there are mostly other directories and junk pages rather than targeted quality content.  I recommend looking at the article and implementing some of the suggested changes.

Hope this helps

Jeremiah

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:19 PM
  • Thank you for the reply!.....while we are looking into this i would like to to take this into consideration if you type ( site:www.boconline.com) in google it comes up with 1,470 pages all going to the site...and according to alexa we are 2 in google groups 206 in ask jeeves and there is over 800 sites linked to it...doesnt that account for anything?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:50 PM
  • i checked google again today now there is 1520 thats up 50 pages in one day, but in live search still nothing.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:28 PM
  • No. Unfortunatly it doesn't.  We don't use google as a judge for the quality of sites.  Niether does yahoo, etc.  Given the overall size and  overall depth Google can include sites that we might throw out in their index. 

Jeremiah

Monday, February 4, 2008 3:24 AM