none
Just starting TeamViewer RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to implement (and learn) TeamViewer on my Windows10 desktop. I am using Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. I am using C#. I am a single programmer and want to use it for version control.

Is there a "walk-through", help file, manual, Document, or some kind of book I can purchase that will show me the steps necessary to do this?

I somehow managed to create a local repository, and get my files checked in. I am trying to check them out again to work on them. 

I'm not sure if I am even in the right forum. If I am not and you can suggest a forum I would appreciate it.

If You can answer and tell me how to find the resources I am looking for, Please do, I would appreciate it.

A giraffe is a horse designed by a committee.

Monday, July 30, 2018 8:29 PM

All replies

• TeamViewer is a remote presentation and desktop control application. Do you mean TFS (Team Foundation Server)?

For a single developer you should use git or svn as version control tool.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:37 AM
  • TFS Version Control should be better for starting developer. Git is much complicated :)
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:32 PM
  • That's the SVN option.. much simpler to setup and use.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:41 PM
  • Yes. I meant Team Foundation Server I guess. I have used Source Safe since It first came out. It is intuitive, simple to use, and perfect for a single programmer like me. 

I am looking for something like that. I tried SVN and GIT and can't stand either one. 

Team Foundation Server (I hate all of the acronyms too!) seems to be closest to what I am looking for. Is there any documentation on how to use it that you know of?

Thanks for the reply and correction. 

Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:54 PM
  • Yes. I meant Team Foundation Server I guess. I have used Source Safe since It first came out. It is intuitive, simple to use, and perfect for a single programmer like me. 

I am looking for something like that. I tried SVN and GIT and can't stand either one. 

Team Foundation Server (I hate all of the acronyms!) seems to be closest to what I am looking for. Is there any documentation on how to use it that you know of?

Thanks for the reply and correction. 

Thursday, August 2, 2018 1:00 PM
  • hmm, using SVN with TortoiseSVN (free) in the Windows explorer and/or VisualSVN (commercial) as VS plugin is imho pretty simple, cause you don't need any server in the background.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 1:30 PM
  • Stefan,

First, No one I ever met has a "Humble Opinion". I am not Humble in any way, and I bet you are not either. With 61100 points you have no reason to be.

Secondly I failed to mention that I tried SVN WITH TortoiseSVN. and I should have.

Finally, if you know where I can find documentation on how to use  SVN with TortoiseSVN I am more than willing to give it a try. If there is none, or you do not know where to find it, just let me know that. I appreciate you for taking the time to try and help me, I may just be beyond help on this issue.

Ed

Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:31 PM