locked
Email router error: Multiple results were found RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All

    We have a Dynamics 4 CRM on-site installation that has worked fine for some months. We have a mailbox linked to a queue that works fine for incoming and outgoing email. Recently we wanted to link an existing mailbox to a new queue. We keep getting the following error:

     

    Event Type:  Error
    Event Source:  MSCRMEmail
    Event Category:  None
    Event ID:  0
    Date:    08/06/2011
    Time:    15:45:30
    User:    N/A
    Computer:  OGMBRMSCRM01
    Description:
    #26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox <email address removed>. Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: Multiple results were found.
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.IsCurrentUser()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.GetService()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.OpenMailbox()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.InitExchangeConnector()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()
    
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    I can only find one reference to this issue when I searched the internet. Any ideas why this error is occurring?

    Summary:

    • All exchange account setup done by person not familiar with Exchange (thus they would not have done any additional work to mailboxes)
    • First queue works without any issues

     

    Thanks.

    Alan

     

    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:49 AM

Answers

  • Hi Donna

    I found a resolution.

    • When configuring the incoming profile in the email router I changed "Access Credentials" from "Other Specified" to "User Specified".
    • In CRM I went into the settings for the new queue and did the following:
    • Ticked "Allow credentials for the E-mail Router"
    • Entered the "User name" for the mailbox
    • Entered the "Password for the mailbox"

    Alan


    • Marked as answer by altraf2 Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:28 AM

All replies

  • Is it possible that the e-mail address is used somewhere else in CRM, maybe a user record, Contact or somewhere else?

    Regards, Donna

    Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:16 PM
  • Hi Donna

    Thanks for your response. That's what I was thinking, but I've checked in CRM and can find only a single reference to the email address.

    Alan

    Monday, June 20, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Just as a test, setup a mailbox in AD named crmqueue@......., change the e-mail router configuration to use that mailbox for the queue and associate the e-mail address with the queue in CRM, restart your E-mail router and async service or better yet, reboot your CRM machine if you are able.

    Please follow all the above steps and include any I've missed as I stated the steps from memory and might have missed something.


    Regards, Donna

    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 20, 2011 3:33 PM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Hi Donna

    I found a resolution.

    • When configuring the incoming profile in the email router I changed "Access Credentials" from "Other Specified" to "User Specified".
    • In CRM I went into the settings for the new queue and did the following:
    • Ticked "Allow credentials for the E-mail Router"
    • Entered the "User name" for the mailbox
    • Entered the "Password for the mailbox"

    Alan


    • Marked as answer by altraf2 Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:28 AM