How to connect OnPremise CRM2011 from web RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to CRM2011.

I creates a web pages, which are hosted on IIS server under Public domain.

I want to established "On Premise CRM2011" in that web pages to update some information. Succesfully tested with online trial version.

But, I dont have any idea how to connect CRM SDK to On Premise.

What are the settings i would require to connect SDK to onpremise server ???

Please suggest on this.... I dont know much about CRM On Premise setup.

Jiten Patoliya Windows C# developer

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• It's simple, your CRM OnPremise server must be reachable from your public domain site. Normally this requires to setup IFD (Internet Facing Deployment) for the CRM instance

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:15 PM
  • Yes, I read on other forums, IFD could be the way to connect onpremise CRM via SDK from WEB.

Thanks for clearing that doubt.

Where can i find IFD setting??? Do i have to ask from Administrator???? Or I can see it from my CRM???

I have "System Administrator" ROLE to my account and it is mapped under "Deployment Manager" but not able to find that kind of setting.

Friday, June 6, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Hi Jiten,

Probably one of the best tutorials which explain IFD setup in CRM 2013 is this : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/niran_belliappa/archive/2014/01/16/step-by-step-configuring-crm-2013-internet-facing-deployment-ifd.aspx

You will need to setup ADFS, so probably you'll need some more permissions other than just Deployment Administrator.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Friday, June 6, 2014 6:09 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion,

We workout alternate solution.

We deployed our web site in IIS under same domain on which CRM instance is registered.

Calls are working now with successful onpremise instance connection in SDK......

Monday, June 9, 2014 8:13 AM