SyncToy Deleted Everything RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using SyncToy for about a month now and have had the following problem a few times. This is a description of the latest instance. I would be eternally grateful if someone could help.

I am currently synchronizing the Docs folder on Computer A with that on Computer B via LAN. In general, everything works as it should. However, I just went to open a file, only to discover that half of my Docs have been deleted on both computers. I know the 'Synchronize' setting will delete File X on Comp A if I delete File X on Comp B, but I did not delete any of my files. SyncToy decided I didn't need half my files and deleted them for me.

Retrieving the files is not the issue, as I have online backup. The issue is finding out why this is happening and making it stop before I permanently lose something valuable. I couldn't find a better way than SyncToy to sync my files, because for some reason, there are no good syncing programs out there. I will uninstall SyncToy if I have to, but I really don't want to.

Another post was put up in 2010 relating to this issue, but the poster seemed satisfied with the "That's what 'Synchronize' does" answer, and the issue never got resolved, even though he seemed to be having the same problem as me.

Can someone please help by either aiding in a solution or suggesting a solid, stable syncing program? Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:57 PM