none
newly discovered build 6002 windows is not genuine

Answers

• I appreciate your response. I was able to retrieve the Ultimate key, thank you. I ran legitcheck and it said I am genuine. 

My daughter got Home and Student 2007 from her school a few years ago. I see a lot of things under Office in the start menu but we don't use anything but Word and Powerpoint. I don't even know what the other stuff is. 

I still have the not genuine thing in the bottom corner of my screen. Is there something I can do about this? I didn't try to defraud anyone and am just looking for help. 

Thank you

• Marked as answer by TeriE1965 Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:56 PM
  • I seem to have fixed the notification on the screen, maybe as you said it was just interference. Thank you for your help.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:39 PM

All replies

• There is no apparent problem with your activation - the problem yesterday may simply have been a race condition caused by interference between your AV and the Solftware Licensing Service. The license is an OEM System Builder one - so assuming  yours was the first machine on which it was installed, then the license belongs to your motherboard - at least in theory

Since you appear not to have a record of your Ultimate Key, I suggest that you install Belarc Advisor, and that will pull the Key for Windows for you.

Technically, you probably have a counterfeit install of Ultimate - but since the system hasn't caught it yet, it may never do so.

Note that your installations of Office products are very probably counterfeit, unless you acquired them through your employer or college. They all appear to be Volume-Licensed versions.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:33 PM
  • I appreciate your response. I was able to retrieve the Ultimate key, thank you. I ran legitcheck and it said I am genuine. 

My daughter got Home and Student 2007 from her school a few years ago. I see a lot of things under Office in the start menu but we don't use anything but Word and Powerpoint. I don't even know what the other stuff is. 

I still have the not genuine thing in the bottom corner of my screen. Is there something I can do about this? I didn't try to defraud anyone and am just looking for help. 

Thank you

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:56 PM
  • I seem to have fixed the notification on the screen, maybe as you said it was just interference. Thank you for your help.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:39 PM