Used 3rd subscription on loaner notebook, SOL now? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have a question from a friend, he purchased a 3 subscription OneCare.  Installed one on his notebook, one on my desktop.  Then his notebook hard disk died.  So he was given a loaner from the store while the other was in for repairs.  He used the 3rd OneCare with the loaner.  His question is - Is he able to have access to his OneCare acct without purchasing it again?

Thanks in advance :-)

Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The mechanism is that OneCare can only be installed on three machines simultaneously. If you go to the desktop PC and make it a Hub PC, on the Circle tab you will be able to remove the loaned laptop from the circle. Then it can be installed on another machine.
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The mechanism is that OneCare can only be installed on three machines simultaneously. If you go to the desktop PC and make it a Hub PC, on the Circle tab you will be able to remove the loaned laptop from the circle. Then it can be installed on another machine.
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:43 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you so much, I was able to see that there was just my desktop and the loaner in the circle, so he'll have no problem with setting up OneCare on his repaired notebook.

I appreciate your time.

:-)

Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:33 PM