Unavailable One Care RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I Live in South Africa, downloaded the trail version of one care, now it needs to be renewed/bought and because I am here, its not available to me.  Do I get a free pass to keep my trail version running until it becomes available in the Deepest dark Africa. haha . When does it become available here, please help.

Thanks

Jeff

Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:37 AM

Answers

•  

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

There is no information on when OneCare will be available in additional countries, but at this point, once the trial expires, you will need to remove it as it cannot be activated in South Africa.

-steve

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff;

I don't think the Moderators would be able to tell you that information, because I don't think that they know when it will be available in South Africa.  You think that perhaps the langages spoken officially in South Africa may be a problem for OneCare Support to cover?

Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:42 AM
  • why should language be a problem, I only want an english copy as everything else on my pc is english (us) as it is. Like One Care replies to some questions, the "other language" requests can get the standard "not supported" reply

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:19 AM
  •  

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

There is no information on when OneCare will be available in additional countries, but at this point, once the trial expires, you will need to remove it as it cannot be activated in South Africa.

-steve

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:53 PM
  • Thanks for your replies.  I really do understand the reasons.  Just a quicky, why can't I buy it say from "USA" or "United Kingdom" and use it like that.  Is there a reason why it is country specific. 

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:15 PM
  • There can be any number of reasons for OneCare not being available in a country. License/Legal and support probably being the most common. Purchasing a retail copy in another country doesn't circumvent the activation issues that you'll encounter when you are located in a country where it isn't sold.

-steve

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:16 PM