Get information from "Properties" window through VBA / WinAPI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm looking for information on how to automate interaction with a "Properties" window using VBA.
    I need to get specific information which is not accessible through  API. Then I need to open the window, select the correct tab, go to the specific ListBox and then copy the information. So far, I can open the "properties" window, but have no clue on how to get the information I need.

It's the first question I'm posting here, then I'm not able to add pictures yet. Sorry.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
    Portolon

Monday, October 9, 2017 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi tPortolon,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools . And your issue is more related to VBA. This link about vba, please refer that:

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:29 AM
  • Hi Cherry,

Thanks for answering.

Regards,

Portolon

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:07 PM
  • I'm looking for information on how to automate interaction with a "Properties" window using VBA.
    I need to get specific information which is not accessible through  API. Then I need to open the window, select the correct tab, go to the specific ListBox and then copy the information. So far, I can open the "properties" window, but have no clue on how to get the information I need.

For what kind of resource are you trying to obtain "Properties" and which specific properties do you wish to obtain?  A file?  A folder? An application? A hardware device?

Right now, we have no idea what you are talking about.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:39 PM
  • Hi Cherry,

Thanks for answering.

Regards,

Portolon

Since you have reposted your question in the VBA forum, I would mark Cherry Bu's response as the answer in order to close out this thread.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:32 PM