RESTORE OLD BACKUP AFTER SYSTEM RECOVERY RRS feed

• Question

• I just did a system recovery on my hp laptop and I am trying to restore my most recent backup prior to the system recovery. Can you tell me how to take command of those files and restore them?

Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:08 PM

Answers

• From the One Care help files:

Restore files from a backup

If your computer goes through a hardware failure or if some of your files are deleted from your computer and you've backed up your files, you can restore the files to your computer from a previous backup. If you're using a hub PC, you can restore backup files from any computer in your OneCare circle. You can choose which files to restore and which backup to restore the files from.

To restore all files from a backup:
    1. Open Windows Live OneCare.
    2. In the main OneCare window, in the Backup and Restore area, click Restore files.
    3. Click Restore files from a local backup.
    4. Click Express Restore.
    5. Click Restore files.
    6. Click Finish.
    To select specific files to restore or to select a specific backup to restore from:
    1. Open OneCare.
    2. In the main OneCare window, in the Backup and Restore area, click Restore files.
    3. Click Restore files from a local backup.
    4. Click Custom Restore.
    5. To restore files from the most recent backup of your computer, click Restore files from the current backup on this computer.

–or–

Restore files that were backed up from another computer.

Show me how

–or–

Restore files from an earlier backup.

Show me how
    6. To restore all files that are no longer on your computer, click Restore all missing files.

–or–

Restore specific types of files.

Show me how

–or–

Select the files that you want to restore.

Show me how
    7. Click Restore files.
    8. Click Finish

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 9:43 PM