How to force a refresh of Music Library? RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted several folders in my music shared folder and the albums and songs are still shown when media is shared and of course the songs are not played when selected because the tracks no longer there. Even after a couple of days, the remote users still see the deleted albums listed.

I did try to turn the Media Service off then on again but this didn't help.

How can I force a refresh of the music library as seen by remote users? Thanks.

• Moved by kariya21Moderator Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:22 PM not a WHS v1 question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:24 PM

Answers

• I even tried to remove the whole library by going to Tools... Advanced... etc. The reconnect the Media Player to the Music location. Only the catalog when seen in the Media Player was updated. But the one seen by remote user was still not updated. 
    Try deleting the database.  Follow the instructions at the bottom of this thread.

Do the folks who actually work on WHS care enough to frequent these forums and contribute solutions? Or their heads are in sand like ostriches?

If you want to contact MS with a problem directly, you need to file a bug report on Connect.

And why was this thread moved to the Beta forum??? I am running the released version of WHS 2011. Who is reading the beta forum now?

The reason was clearly stated and is visible in the first post.  I know because I'm the one who moved it.  :)
    • Marked as answer by h8226gw Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:25 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:12 PM

All replies

• I deleted several folders in my music shared folder and the albums and songs are still shown when media is shared and of course the songs are not played when selected because the tracks no longer there. Even after a couple of days, the remote users still see the deleted albums listed.

I did try to turn the Media Service off then on again but this didn't help.

How can I force a refresh of the music library as seen by remote users? Thanks.

Although you shouldn't have to do this, did you try rebooting the server?
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:23 PM
  • Yes, I did reboot the server more than once. Although these reboots were not intended for refreshing the music catalog. Nothing changed in the music library.
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:33 PM
  • How can I force a refresh of the music library as seen by remote users? Thanks.

Start a remote Desktop session to your server and run Media Player.
    Try manually removing the deleted media from there?

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:23 PM
  • How can I force a refresh of the music library as seen by remote users? Thanks.

Start a remote Desktop session to your server and run Media Player.
    Try manually removing the deleted media from there?

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server

I even tried to remove the whole library by going to Tools... Advanced... etc. The reconnect the Media Player to the Music location. Only the catalog when seen in the Media Player was updated. But the one seen by remote user was still not updated.

Do the folks who actually work on WHS care enough to frequent these forums and contribute solutions? Or their heads are in sand like ostriches?

And why was this thread moved to the Beta forum??? I am running the released version of WHS 2011. Who is reading the beta forum now?
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:58 AM

• And why was this thread moved to the Beta forum??? I am running the released version of WHS 2011. Who is reading the beta forum now?

There is no "regular" WHS 2011 forum yet. Soon™.

WHS 2011 RTM coming alive, taking over WHS v.1 duties.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:53 PM
  • I even tried to remove the whole library by going to Tools... Advanced... etc. The reconnect the Media Player to the Music location. Only the catalog when seen in the Media Player was updated. But the one seen by remote user was still not updated. 
    Try deleting the database.  Follow the instructions at the bottom of this thread.

If you want to contact MS with a problem directly, you need to file a bug report on Connect.

The reason was clearly stated and is visible in the first post.  I know because I'm the one who moved it.  :)
    • Marked as answer by h8226gw Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:25 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:12 PM