none
How do I transfer Streets & Trips to new computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased and downloaded Streets & Trips 2011 from the Microsoft Store.  Now I have a new computer and would like to activate the program on my new computer and delete it from the old computer so that I can sell it.   How do I go about doing this?
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi NJDottie,

The EULA allows the license holder to install the product on two devices s/he is the primary user of, you you should have no problem installing it on your new laptop.

More S&T tips here: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/749-tips-tricks-microsoft-streets-trips

Laptop GPS World
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Are there two questions here?  Marvin's answer relates to the first.  It depends which operating system you have but you should be able to find a way of unistalling S&T under Control Panel and then under Programs to answer the second. 
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:01 PM
  • I purchased and downloaded Streets & Trips 2011 from the Microsoft Store.  Now I have a new computer and would like to activate the program on my new computer and delete it from the old computer so that I can sell it.   How do I go about doing this?

If you have the downloaded version you can install it on the second computer by simply copying the download file and runing it. You will also need you registration information. Once you have it running on the new machine use Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. Find it in the list and select it then select Uninstall when you click on Streets and Trips.

If you don't have the orginial download then perhaps if you download another copy it will work. I've not tried that so don't know if registry key would work with a new copy.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:46 PM
  • I have the same question.  I have my old laptop with Streets & Trips 2011, my Product Activation Key, etc. but do not know how to get this program over to my new laptop (which is running Windows 8.1).  What do you mean when you say: "simply copying the download file and runing it. "  Exactly how do you do this?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:05 PM