none
How to stop Microsoft apps from rudely interrupting?

Question

• There doesn't seem to be a way to change Remote Desktop (Mac) from jumping to the foreground when it disconnects after a while. I don't need to know if it disconnected. Always seems to happen at the most inopportune times (on a call with a client, looking at other important apps, FaceTime video calls of once-in-a-lifetime moments, etc). 

Office auto-updater seems to do this too. I don't mind it checking, but just stay in the background until I'm ready for you. 

• Edited by abarisoff Friday, October 16, 2015 8:35 PM
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, October 19, 2015 10:01 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, October 16, 2015 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:46 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:47 PM