Livejournal and Feature Request Process RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows Live Writer on the Windows 7 beta, and it seems nice so far. I really like the interface, the preview is one of the better ones I have seen, and it is very intuitive.

Do you guys have a feature request site? I have a list of stuff I would love to see, but they are all enhancement requests. It seems to perform bug free for me so far, though I admit my posts in the last two days only comprise of text and pictures. (The automatic uploading to my custom FTP site is genius btw)

I really only use it for Livejournal, so all of my requests are for the most part specific to that site's formatting.

Thanks! 
    Monday, January 12, 2009 4:42 AM

All replies

•  You can post feature requests here and we will see them. 
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:18 PM
  • I really like the idea of "Windows Live Writer", I intend to use it for all of my blogs.

Here's some things I'd like to see for LiveJournal

1. The ability to add tags:  I selected "Live Journal Tags"  but the words just showed up in my post.  The Tags did not show up on my live journal site, in the side bar.
    2. The ability to see what tags I have previously used on Live Journal.  (It would be really sweet to some how see, and distinguish, tags from my other blogging sites)
    3. MOOD.. :( ..  I started out excited.. but then a tad sad.. as i couldn't add my mood.

That's it for now.  Keep up the awesome development!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:19 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, a lot of people are asking for these features, we will take them into consideration. 
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:09 PM
  • I agree. The ability to insert proper Livejournal tags is essential. And remembering past tags or accessing all the tags already posted on a journal would be great. Honestly, the Livejournal tags are a very important feature for me, since I mainly use Livejournal. Having to manually edit the post afterwards rather defeats the purpose.

Best Wishes,

Tiffany McLeod aka BookwormDragon

Monday, March 22, 2010 4:44 AM