none
Do exams change on March 1st? RRS feed

• Question

• I failed my 70-640 with a 626 and decided to retake on March 1st.  A guy at work told me Microsoft always changes the exams on March 1st.  Is there any truth to that?  I've been studying the press kit and doing all the labs (didn't finish them the first time, think that's where I went wrong).  Since I've already taken it I don't want any surprises when I go in on the 1st, I know the questions change and all that.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Christie,

I am sorry that you did not pass your 70-640 exam the first time.

Microsoft reviews all exams on a regular basis and may add, change or remove questions at any time.  There is no magic March 1st date. 

To help you prepare for your exam retake, I would suggest that you keep working through the training kit.  You might also want to take a look at Microsoft Virtual labs:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/bb467605

You might find some labs there that might help you fill in any knowledge gaps.

Good luck!

If this post helped, please vote it as helpful and propose it as an answer.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCITP, MCPD, MSF, MCSD, MCAD, MCP. etc.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Christie Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:55 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

like Mike said, Microsoft reviews all exams on a regular basis which can lead to a change of the exam (like the format in which the exam is presented), but there are no (official) special changes on March 1st.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:29 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Christie,

I am sorry that you did not pass your 70-640 exam the first time.

Microsoft reviews all exams on a regular basis and may add, change or remove questions at any time.  There is no magic March 1st date. 

To help you prepare for your exam retake, I would suggest that you keep working through the training kit.  You might also want to take a look at Microsoft Virtual labs:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/bb467605

You might find some labs there that might help you fill in any knowledge gaps.

Good luck!

If this post helped, please vote it as helpful and propose it as an answer.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCITP, MCPD, MSF, MCSD, MCAD, MCP. etc.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:42 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

like Mike said, Microsoft reviews all exams on a regular basis which can lead to a change of the exam (like the format in which the exam is presented), but there are no (official) special changes on March 1st.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the info!  I will definitely check those labs out.. I need to spend much more time on technet before Thursday!
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:58 PM