Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to get to the activation screen. I recently repaired my windows XP. It now wants me to activate it. It says it can not log me on until I activate my  windows. It then asks me if I want to activate my windows now. If I click yes, it just shows me a blue screen. when I say no, It logs me off the system. And I cannot activate through safe mode. Please help me on this matter. Or you can get back to me on <email removed for privacy>
    • Edited by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:14 PM removed email
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:20 AM

Answers

• "Matiri" wrote in message news:7b7ada40-efcb-4519-97df-1d80a7bc79fc...
    I can't seem to get to the activation screen. I recently repaired my windows XP. It now wants me to activate it. It says it can not log me on until I activate my  windows. It then asks me if I want to activate my windows now. If I click yes, it just shows me a blue screen. when I say no, It logs me off the system. And I cannot activate through safe mode. Please help me on this matter. Or you can get back to me on thabo@softedgesolutions.co.za

This problem is probably due to having IE8 installed - boot to Safe Mode, and run a Repair install of IE from Add/Remove Programs.

(I *think* that should work - if not, post back and I'll give you the long way around <g>)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:47 PM

All replies

• "Matiri" wrote in message news:7b7ada40-efcb-4519-97df-1d80a7bc79fc...
    I can't seem to get to the activation screen. I recently repaired my windows XP. It now wants me to activate it. It says it can not log me on until I activate my  windows. It then asks me if I want to activate my windows now. If I click yes, it just shows me a blue screen. when I say no, It logs me off the system. And I cannot activate through safe mode. Please help me on this matter. Or you can get back to me on thabo@softedgesolutions.co.za

This problem is probably due to having IE8 installed - boot to Safe Mode, and run a Repair install of IE from Add/Remove Programs.

(I *think* that should work - if not, post back and I'll give you the long way around <g>)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:47 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to have been resolved by one of the two possible Answers, above.

Thank you,

Darin MS

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:24 PM