Video Call terminates when call audio is going through the Mediation Server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Here is the scenario

I have two users enabled for Enterprise Voice + RCC with MOC 2007 client attempting to make a video call.

When (USER A) attempts to make the Video call to (USER B) it makes a call through the mediation server and rings the Mitel handset and the Video displays “The portion of the call was not accepted”.

But USER B never received the video call request popup. If USER B was removed from Enterprise Voice USER B will receive the video call popup and the connection will be established!

So my question is can I just simply make a PC to PC video call even if the users is enabled for Enterprise Voice? Why is the MOC client using the Mediation server to make the Video Call?

Here is the trace from the Mediation Server.

Direction: Outbound

Start-Line: Using internal MediaRelay: “EDGE SERVER”

Why is the direction outbound and why is its trying to use the Edge Server for Media relay for an internal Video Call attempt?

I must have configured something incorrectly

Regards

Adrian

Friday, October 2, 2009 2:24 AM

All replies

• How are you attempting to initiate the call?  Are you adding a video session to an existing IM conversation, or have you established an Enterprise Voice call and are trying to add video to that?  I'm assuming both parties are on the internal network at the time.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Hi Jeff

There are two ways i'm initiating the video call.

1. Right click on the IM contact and selecting Start Video Call
    2. Open an IM window and press the Start Video Call icon.

Both parties are on the same network.

My Line URI is formatted as follows

+613xxxxxxxx;ext=xxxx

So basically its not resolving the line URI to a OCS user and treats it as "dialstring".

I'm going to try formatting the Line URI to +xxxx (only using the extension) and see if that resloves to a user in Enterprise Route Helper.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:09 AM

• Hi Guys

So basically this is where i'm at.

I have formatted my Line URI to +5555 and formated the phone number field in AD to be +5555, i have also done this for a second OCS user

When i run the route helper and dial +5555 or +5556 its resolves the number to a name. So that great.

When i open an IM session and press video call, first it establishes audio through our IP PBX and then fails the video.

I'm using RCC+EV and just want to establish peer to peer Audio and Video using the MOC client for internal users on the same subnet. This behaviour has occoured as soon as the Mediation Server was impleneted for EV.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:44 PM