none
MS Outlook's New "Clutter" Function -Microsft Techs Can't Disable it! Neither Can YOU!

Question

• And Microsoft put it in my Outlook and turned it on without my approval or knowledge!

I spent the last 3 1/2 hours either talking to, chatting with, and messing around on the website trying to find some way to disable the Clutter function that intuitively redirects my incoming messages because IT thinks I don't have time for them, or maybe the messages aren't important enough to go into my Inbox.

I found out the live people on the phone can't help resolve my problem, I had to go online and the page one lady asked to type in didn't jive with the page she wanted me to see.  So she transferred me to a gut who didn't speak English.  No one even knew what I was talking about!  One girl asked me to spell it, she hadn't heard about it. Another guy wanted to take over my computer.  The live chat fellow spent 10 mins going back and forth,  I answered his questions; he said just a moment, he would check his resources and then promptly ended the chat.  Go online?  My Account?  I had to change my password.  And then it wanted to send me a code, but apparently I had to input a code to get the code...it wouldn't take my code, and I never got a code from Microsoft; hitting the next button did no good.  There were some paragraphs on a page the said..."to stop separating your messages, click here."  That does nothing.  It is in several places and none of it works.

Clutter takes 90% of my incoming messages and tucks them in its own box.  Just found that Clutter box, been looking for it for hours.  Had over 300 messages in it from 2months.  Clutter deemed my Microsoft messages unimportant.  I've been looking for ,my email in my inbox.  NOW I have to check Clutter.  Or buy a new MS office product to get rid of it; that was from the last person I talked to, she wanted to help, but there just isn't any other way to disable Clutter.  Why even place Clutter, and turn it on when the Junk mail function works just fine.

4 hours later, I am done with Microsoft.  Too bad, too; just getting familiar with Windows 8; if I have to buy a product to de-Clutter my email, and I didn't ask for - didn't opt in -  nor do I want the Clutter function, then why not just buy an Apple?  Wouldn't you?

I'm buying an Apple tomorrow!

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, January 25, 2016 4:53 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:34 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You should ask in the Microsoft Office Outlook Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, January 25, 2016 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, January 25, 2016 4:50 PM
  • Hello,

You should ask in the Microsoft Office Outlook Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, January 25, 2016 4:53 PM
  • ok, thanks.  Move it.  Clutter is causing lots of problems here.  MS doesn't have a problem, but I do.  Getting nothing from any forum or community.  So 1 voice fails again.
    Wednesday, February 03, 2016 4:47 AM
  • Hello,

After more research, I think you should ask in the Office 365 Community.

As the Office 365 Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:57 PM
  • Hi Jo,

You can disable clutter from your webmail settings. Once you have logged into OWA, go to Options. Select Clutter folder, un-check the check boxes and save the configurations. I have attached a screen shot for your reference.

Regards,

Anish

Anish Sam Johnes

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:44 AM
  • My problem is related but not quite the same.  I actually quite like most of the filtering Clutter does for me.  I'd just like to turn off the notifications, which, ironically, keep cluttering up my inbox. 

But when I log into Outlook Web Mail, THE MENU I GET DOES NOT INCLUDE A CLUTTER ITEM.  So how the heck can I control it? 

So, Jo Kelly, you're no longer just 1 voice.  Although I daresay 2 voices won't actually get anywhere with Microsoft either.  I often think these days that the beginnings of SkyNet have taken root in Microsoft and its products and there aren't actually any humans in control any more.  GET A GRIP SOMEBODY FOR GOODNESS' SAKE. 

Saturday, February 11, 2017 1:50 AM
  • My problem is related but not quite the same.  I actually quite like most of the filtering Clutter does for me.  I'd just like to turn off the notifications, which, ironically, keep cluttering up my inbox. 

But when I log into Outlook Web Mail, THE MENU I GET DOES NOT INCLUDE A CLUTTER ITEM.  So how the heck can I control it? 

So, Jo Kelly, you're no longer just 1 voice.  Although I daresay 2 voices won't actually get anywhere with Microsoft either.  I often think these days that the beginnings of SkyNet have taken root in Microsoft and its products and there aren't actually any humans in control any more.  GET A GRIP SOMEBODY FOR GOODNESS' SAKE. 

If you're providing feedback then this thread is the wrong place. Better to select from right hand list and post on uservoice.

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/284136-outlook-com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 11, 2017 2:18 AM