Microsoft Money Plus (sunset version) report Customize dialogue box disappears off screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using an extended monitor with Microsoft money (sunset version) and have had the customize reports dialogue box disappear. I can get it back using the following steps but it messes with the selection options.

• Right-click on the window caption on the taskbar, or select it and use Alt+Space.
    • If the Restore option is available, select it to pop the window out of minimized or maximized state.
    • Choose the Move option.
    • Hit an arrow key.
    • Move the mouse.

However, no matter what I do I can't get it back to open in the primary screen even with rebooting and restarting without the extended screen connected. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:56 AM

All replies

• Interesting that I am getting these problems and the solutions are from 2017 … but this worked, at least for today, we will see what MS Money brings tomorrow. Thank you, Andrew

Friday, May 22, 2020 8:51 PM
  • Interesting that I am getting these problems and the solutions are from 2017 … but this worked, at least for today, we will see what MS Money brings tomorrow. Thank you, Andrew

No new MS Money bugs are being introduced, so the classic solutions often work.

Saturday, May 23, 2020 12:13 AM
  • Windows logo key  + Shift + Left arrow or Right arrow Move an app or window in the desktop from one monitor to another.
    Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:58 AM
  • This is awesome. :) I'm sure we are going to hit an update or something and then suddenly it is not going to work! But until then and until I find a better program that easily imports its database, I will continue to use! Thank you
    Monday, May 25, 2020 12:05 PM
  • Cal, I've added this note to the home page on my blog.  Have I summarized it correctly?

Multiple Monitors

Money does not play well with multiple monitors, especially if one is disconnected at a later time, as might be the case with a laptop attached to other display(s) at work.  If you find Money not behaving properly (ie not appearing after engaging program, customize reports dialogue box disappearing, etc.), open sample.mny while the multiple monitors are hooked up, and insure that Money is closed in full-screen mode – and only on the primary (default) monitor.  Also keep in mind…

Windows logo key img_59b0b16974940 + Shift + Left arrow or Right arrow Moves the active app on the desktop from one monitor to another.

Monday, May 25, 2020 3:11 PM
  • Windows logo key  + Tab will open Task View so you can select any open task,  including those not visible because they are allocated to a monitor not connected or not powered on, and use Windows logo key  + Shift + Left arrow or Right arrow to move the task to the main monitor.

Monday, May 25, 2020 8:05 PM
  • Thank you Dominic.  I've added that.
    Monday, May 25, 2020 9:11 PM
  • Noted.

Several of the links on your pages no longer work. Microsoft has withdrawn the support documents.
    Suitable replacements can usually be found somewhere on http://moneymvps.org/.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 3:05 PM
  • I reworked the sentences with knowledge base links that no longer function, and added a link to the valuable resource you reminded me of.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:32 PM