Second Shot RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote my exam on the third of July not knowing that second shot was due on the 30 June 2009. today i am on my way to write 070-290 and to find that i am told second shot is no more. fine i paid for the exam at New Horizons in cape town.. before setting me up. i don't know what happened that the exam did't load and not one to tell me what is going till i have to reschedule with prometric centre. is this the way we treat customers as Microsoft my MCPID 6562791 without respect?
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The expiration date for the Second Shot offer has been known for a very long time and was clearly marked on their website.

You can try contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/assisted-support.aspx ), however I do not think they will do anything as the expiration date has been set for a long time.
    Eric
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:22 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The expiration date for the Second Shot offer has been known for a very long time and was clearly marked on their website.

You can try contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/assisted-support.aspx ), however I do not think they will do anything as the expiration date has been set for a long time.
    Eric
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:22 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 2:21 PM
  • Contact Prometric,

If something went wrong with the exam software or equipment they usualy let you retake for free

(I know this from experience)

No seccond shot voucher needed

Be sure to have the confirmation e-mail or letter for the original exam at hand, they will ask for the apointment number.

Rob.
    Certifications: MCP MCSA(2003) MCSE(NT4 2000 2003) MCSA+S(2003) MCSA+M(2003) MCSE+S(2000 2003) MCSE+M(2000 2003) MCTS 14x MCITP 2x
    • Proposed as answer by rhagman Friday, October 2, 2009 4:43 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:06 PM