Dropping a Pushpin tagged with Latitude and Longitude RRS feed

• Question

• I presently have MS S&T 2009. I am willing to upgrade if a new version solves my problem. In my job I log test points all day long as I travel. Right now I drop a pushpin and type lat and long from my GPS window into the information tag of the pushpin. This is time consuming and leaves a posibility for errrors. Is there a way in S&T 2009 to tag a location with the GPS data quickly? Is this a feature that would be available if I upgraded? Thanks for reading
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Fshng - Try this:  Drop your pushpin, then hover the point of your mouse arrow over the base of the pin.  

Click  'CTRL+ALT+C' - this will copy the Lat/Lon....then simply 'CTRL +V' to populate the info window on the pin.

Now - that said....in S&T 2013 - all you'll have to really do is enter the pushpin name...because when you export a GPX file in 2013 - it will include the Lat/Lon automatically.

Keith O'Brien

Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:05 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I tried your istructions but i was usuccessful. With pointer at base of pin I did ctrl+alt+c and followed with ctrl+v. I did this both with mouse pointer on the pi for both comands and with mouse pointer on pin for 1st comand and clicked the info box to bring curser into the box before the ctrl+V command. I also did this with gps connected and active and tried it using the lat long from map only with no GPS. I was hoping you may have another suggestion

Friday, February 14, 2014 10:09 PM
  • Hmmm....OK Fishing...it's  possible this feature is not in 2009 (?) I can't quite remember....thought it was - but could be mistaken.

I made a quick video (click link below) of what the process looks like in 2013.  Can you review it - and confirm that is what you're looking for?  

http://www.projectstreamer.com/users/kobrien2007/copy_lat_lon/

It sounds like you're doing it right in 2009...and I don't believe the GPX Export came on until 2010 version...sooooo.....if this video is what you want to do - and you can't get it in 2009....upgrading is gonna be your best bet.

Keith O'Brien

Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:19 PM