Error on opening Outlook after CRM install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am installing CRM 3.0 on several XP laptops and have intermittently received the following error message when opening Outlook after the install. Any idea as to why I get this as the users only seem to be installed on a single machine at any one time ? Is this a warning or an error due to an unsuccessful install ?

"You already have Microsoft CRM client for Outlook installed on another computer. Only one client computer per user can run the automatic process that does bulk updates of Outlook items with MS CRM data the client should be the computer that is most often online (such as a desktop computer) or the users primary computer. To change the synchronising client on the CRM menu, click options, and click the syncronising tab"

Cheers

Friday, October 5, 2007 10:20 AM

Answers

• This is just a warning. It will occur even if the user is not simultaneously logged on to more than one machine. If a user does log on to different machines, and wants to be able synchronise between Outllok and CRM, then it's best to educate them about the message and how to change the option (via the menu; CRM, Options etc)

Friday, October 5, 2007 10:35 AM

All replies

• This is just a warning. It will occur even if the user is not simultaneously logged on to more than one machine. If a user does log on to different machines, and wants to be able synchronise between Outllok and CRM, then it's best to educate them about the message and how to change the option (via the menu; CRM, Options etc)

Friday, October 5, 2007 10:35 AM
  • I still get an error after I changed the settings and the client won't synchronize. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jan-Willem

Monday, February 4, 2008 9:00 AM