How to get Navigation Link? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to get the Navigation Link of a CRM Form at Runtime?

Thanks in Advance.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi

I think I can guess what you are trying to do..

Your better off trying to hide navigation items based on security role, rather than restricting based on the way that a user navigates to a form.

Firstly because it is unsupported and probably almost impossible to do within the CRM framework.

If you setup the security roles correctly. you should be able to define what permissions each roles has, eg Sales, Accounts etc

Is that what you are trying to do?

Cheers

Andrew
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:24 AM

All replies

• What do you mean with Navigation Link? The url?

Manual: CTRL+N

Javascript: onload:

Code Snippet
    alert(window.location);

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:23 AM
  • I mean the path through which a crmform is opened.For example, Sales->Accounts->New Account.

How can I differentiate between Sales->Accounts->New Account. and WorkPlace->Accounts->New Account at runtime?

Does the crmFormhas any property which helps to make such a differentiation at runtime?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:50 AM
  • Hi

I think I can guess what you are trying to do..

Your better off trying to hide navigation items based on security role, rather than restricting based on the way that a user navigates to a form.

Firstly because it is unsupported and probably almost impossible to do within the CRM framework.

If you setup the security roles correctly. you should be able to define what permissions each roles has, eg Sales, Accounts etc

Is that what you are trying to do?

Cheers

Andrew
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:24 AM
  • thankuu...I will try it and inform u later

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:51 AM
  • Is it possible to call a Javascript function when a Left Navigation Bar Menu is clicked? 

Is it possible to specify a Javascript function in Sitemap?

Thanks in Advance.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:43 AM