Ability to set ANI on transfer (VXML) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

On the OCS 07, is there any way to set the ANI on an internal application transfer (using VXML <transfer> element)?

I am aware that VXML does not have this feature; but it is provided by the platform. For example: Nuance has setAni, Voxeo allows passing the ani value as ";" value in dest attribute etc.

This will have to be the VXML code as the value will be different on each call...so it can not be set on the gateway. This is very critical part of our current environment (Nuance).

Thanks in advance.

Monday, July 30, 2007 3:34 PM

Answers

•  

Have a look at the documentation that comes with MSS, and look for the "Samples" we include. I think there is a sample that shows how to use the VoiceXmlInterpreterActivity (and also check that out in the documentation.)

Dan

Friday, August 3, 2007 5:31 AM

All replies

•  

Anyone???
    Thursday, August 2, 2007 1:25 PM
  • I believe that to do this you will need to host your VXML app within a workflow app (calling into the VXML using the VxmlnterpreterActivity). When you want to do the transfer, you will need to return back to workflow and use the BlindTransferCallActivity, which does allow you to specify the ANI.

Dan

Thursday, August 2, 2007 6:04 PM
  • Dan,

I am not familiar with workflow application design, could you point me in the right direction?

Is there any sample/tutorial available?

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:00 PM
  •  

Have a look at the documentation that comes with MSS, and look for the "Samples" we include. I think there is a sample that shows how to use the VoiceXmlInterpreterActivity (and also check that out in the documentation.)

Dan

Friday, August 3, 2007 5:31 AM