crm for outlook? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I'm trying to get a better understanding of email options in CRM.  Doesn't CRM provide some type of Outlook integration?  What kind of extra work is required for getting that set up?  Is there any additional work required to support both the web instance and Outlook instance?  Can you explain the benefits?  Do you think it's worth doing or do you recommend using the standard CRM web app as a single source?  Interested in hearing about your experiences with this?

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:31 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can download CRM Outlook Client. It expands the CRM to the Outlook interface so there is no need to use web interface. It takes a little bit of extra work related to synchronization. The synchronization rules are recommended to check before the first start of Outlook after CRM Outlook Client has been installed. For example you might get all of the contacts from CRM to your Outlook.

If you dont't use CRM much, it could be easier to use CRM with Outlook. But if you are a heavy user, then it is better to use web interface.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:11 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can download CRM Outlook Client. It expands the CRM to the Outlook interface so there is no need to use web interface. It takes a little bit of extra work related to synchronization. The synchronization rules are recommended to check before the first start of Outlook after CRM Outlook Client has been installed. For example you might get all of the contacts from CRM to your Outlook.

If you dont't use CRM much, it could be easier to use CRM with Outlook. But if you are a heavy user, then it is better to use web interface.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:11 AM
  • In order to integrate CRM with outlook you should download the outlook client and then use that.

The Outlook is just meant to check the records, activities and all the stuff. Even you can create them. But you cannot proceed with the customizations, writting code and doing all the stuff.

Developers need CRM Web where as clients can proceed with the Outlook part.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Im not in complete agreement here. I have users that are heavy CRM users that use the Outlook client exclusively as they frequently track emails into CRM through outlook. This is not possible in the web interface. I also have used the outlook client to configure the system with no issues as an administrator and find that all the functionality performs the same as through the web interface with the exception that it is a touch slower then using the web interface. Our rule of thumb here is if you need to track emails use the outlook client if not the web interface is a touch faster. Most of my users however do choose to use the outlook client as they like having CRM available through a medium that they are already in all the time.

Jenn

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:39 PM