No outgoing email RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot send emails from my outlook after installing onecare. If I disable the firewall, then it works.

WHat is going on? I read somewhere that replacing the smtp port from 25 to 366, that might do the trick. I did it and still did not work.

Friday, August 8, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers

• If Outlook is no longer sending after you've installed OneCare, I suspect that you have other security software on the PC that has not been removed. Outlook is a recognized program and port 25 is open for allowed applications in the OneCare firewall. The port 366 tip is probably something for that person's ISP supporting an alternate port when sending off network as most ISPs do not allow access to any SMTP server other than their own.

-steve

Friday, August 8, 2008 6:48 PM

All replies

• If Outlook is no longer sending after you've installed OneCare, I suspect that you have other security software on the PC that has not been removed. Outlook is a recognized program and port 25 is open for allowed applications in the OneCare firewall. The port 366 tip is probably something for that person's ISP supporting an alternate port when sending off network as most ISPs do not allow access to any SMTP server other than their own.

-steve

Friday, August 8, 2008 6:48 PM
  • You were right!

I had Symantec runing also.

I uninstalled it....  oppened OneCare and clicked on settings' "defaults"

Restarted computer and it is working properly

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Monday, August 11, 2008 9:07 PM
  • thanks for confirming and glad it is resolved. :-)

-steve

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:07 PM