I get "The handle is invalid" when trying to access my server via the web RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fresh install as of Friday (4 days ago) I have moved all my files over and today I logged in to create an account via the web remote access GUI. I added the account and then tried to open a folder to look up a file name. I got a message saying I needed to log in to the normal interface where you see the shared folders. After I hit OK I immediately got the error "The Handle is invalid"

What does it mean? How do I fix it? And how do I prevent it from happening in the future? Will the server repair itself after a period of time? 
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:59 PM

Answers

• I ran those commands on the local system that would not backup properly and it did not fix that problem. Are you saying I need to run those commands on my server drives?

Not that it matters I guess. Once IIS reset about 30 minutes later I had no problem accessing it. Assuming that is what happened.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:51 AM

All replies

• Have you run 'chkdsk /r /f' on your drives?
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:57 PM
  • I ran those commands on the local system that would not backup properly and it did not fix that problem. Are you saying I need to run those commands on my server drives?

Not that it matters I guess. Once IIS reset about 30 minutes later I had no problem accessing it. Assuming that is what happened.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:51 AM