WHY WONT YOU REMOVE MY SITE FROM MSN SEARCH INDEX!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have completed 3 URL removal forms in the space of 3 weeks and each time i get a reply from a microsoft representative saying my removal request will be completed in 2 workingdays

I am getting really fed up - google and yahoo's wenmaster tools have the facility to remove urls why dont you? Can you please look into this immediately - Details of request: SRX1098650067ID - Live Search:Content Removal Request:Other‏

Please can you shed some light on what is taking so long? I have added a meta tag:
    <meta
     name
    ="msnbot" 
    content
    ="noindex, nofollow"
    >
    but i read somewhere that msn bot ignores this? When was the site last indexed as its showing really old pages.

I need this done asap as we dont want people searching for the site via live. 
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Berti,

My apologies this has not been corrected. Could you please send these notices in a combined email to lswmc@microsoft.com and I will follow up with them as soon as I get the mail. Also, to my knowledge, that meta tag is not correct. I do not believe you can call out specific bots in meta tags--only the robots.txt file

Thanks,

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 5:13 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:12 PM