CRM 2011: No new record button in n:n relationships? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum

Is it normal that we don't have the new button in an n:n relationship on subgrid on a form? It only shows add existing...

So if I 'd like to add a new one, I have to click add existing and then in that window new...

Any hints? Thanks

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This is standard out-of-box feature.

In case you want to extend this part of functionality you can do it using Ribbon Customizations and JavaScript.

• Marked as answer by CRMBE Thursday, November 1, 2012 2:54 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 12:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

yes this is the default behavior. There is no direct "New" button for N:N relationship subgrids. I guess you can achieve this by using a custom ribbon button and some javascript code that can associate the newly created record to the the other record.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is standard out-of-box feature.

In case you want to extend this part of functionality you can do it using Ribbon Customizations and JavaScript.

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

yes this is the default behavior. There is no direct "New" button for N:N relationship subgrids. I guess you can achieve this by using a custom ribbon button and some javascript code that can associate the newly created record to the the other record.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:33 PM
  • Ok, thanks. Any direct code snippets or other solutions or how tos?
    Friday, October 26, 2012 12:50 PM