Configuring CRM for Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

My Company uses CRM for most of its documentation etc. Our biggest problem right now is how to configure CRM to send out notifications. For example when a new incident is created and something new gets posted in that incident “the technician who’s assigned to that incident doesn’t get any notifications”.

There has to be a way to configure CRM to send out email notifications when POSTS, Activities or Notes are added to the incident.

The only way we got it working is to send notifications when an incident is first created.   

Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:17 PM

All replies

• You could use a workflow to watch for specific changes and then send out notifications once your criteria is met.
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:52 PM
  • You can configure a workflow to send email notifications on a field change in case..

To notify a notes creation, I would create a workflow on the note create and check the association with case to send a notification.

Hope this helps!

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:05 PM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:05 PM
  • creating this lets you set notifications when a posts in created inside an incident?

Example:

Administrator created a ticket and assigned it to user 1

User 1 receives a email notification that a ticket is created under his name.

Administrator makes a Post in the indecent "whats the status?" and user 1 receives an email notification  "whats the status?" with a link to access the Incident.

User 1 Reply's "still working on it" and the administrator receives an email "still working on it" with a link to access the Incident.

what are the steps to configure this in CRM. Please

Monday, February 3, 2014 2:30 PM