none
Upgraded HPC 2012 from R2 to R2 U2, now getting a "The given key was not present in dictionary." on job submission RRS feed

• Question

• We're in the beginning stages of trying out HPC and saw that there was updates so installed both update 1 and update 2.  after doing so, we're now getting "The given key was not present in the dictionary." when trying to submit a job.  It seems to have gotten some fault code which it does not recognize.  I've confirmed our client application is using the updated Microsoft.HPC.Scheduler.Session reference.  This code worked fine until I did the Update 1 and Update 2 on the system.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Stacktrace:

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.SOAFaultCode.GetFaultCodeName(Int32 code)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.Internal.Utility.GenerateErrorMessage(SessionFault sessionFault, String defaultMessage)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.Internal.Utility.TranslateFaultException(FaultException`1 innerException)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.Internal.OnPremiseSessionFactory.CreateSession(SessionStartInfo startInfo, Boolean durable, Int32 timeoutMilliseconds)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.DurableSession.CreateSession(SessionStartInfoBase startInfo)

Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

Please double check if the client machines have also been upgraded to Update 2 (4.4.4864.0). If not yet, running SOA client applications on the client machines with previous versions  e.g. 2012 R2 (4.2.4400.0) or Update 1 (4.3.4654.0) would generate such error.

For details, please refer to the HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 2 release note @ here.

BR,

Yutong

Friday, July 17, 2015 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Please double check if the client machines have also been upgraded to Update 2 (4.4.4864.0). If not yet, running SOA client applications on the client machines with previous versions  e.g. 2012 R2 (4.2.4400.0) or Update 1 (4.3.4654.0) would generate such error.

For details, please refer to the HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 2 release note @ here.

BR,

Yutong

Friday, July 17, 2015 2:04 AM
  • Thanks.  As mentioned over email, I believe we had Update 2 installed across both the cilent and the servers (head  + compute nodes), but I will confirm.  We rolled back the update so I'm reapplying now (did Update 1 currently which seems to work, so will apply update 2 across everything again and re-test).

I will update once that finishes.  Thanks!

Friday, July 17, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Looks like I was missing the Client tools update 2 on the client machine.  I had installed the update 2 SDK but not the client tools.  Once I put that on there, it seems to work now.

Thanks for the help!

Friday, July 17, 2015 1:12 PM