NETWORK PRINTER ( Access Denied ) RRS feed

• Question

• I AM RUNNING 8.1 on a laptop. When I try to print to a network printer name is SERVER, I receive the message Access Denied. I can print to another network printer and it works  ok.

I changed the server name to SERVER_CME and it works ok. I guess SERVER is a reserved word starting with window 8. Does anyone know of a work around for this? I know this is not the correct site, sorry about that, I am 72 years old and sometimes I get lost.

Charlie Soroka

• Moved by Carl Cai Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:06 AM (from vb) not related
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:09 PM

Answers

• I don't think that name should be a reserved name problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922975

I'd probably ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by sorokateam Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:51 AM
  • I AM RUNNING 8.1 on a laptop. When I try to print to a network printer name is SERVER, I receive the message Access Denied. I can print to another network printer and it works  ok.

I changed the server name to SERVER_CME and it works ok. I guess SERVER is a reserved word starting with window 8. Does anyone know of a work around for this? I know this is not the correct site, sorry about that, I am 72 years old and sometimes I get lost.

Charlie Soroka

Hi,

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual Basic.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?").
    The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

The following forum may be helpful.

Windows 8.1 IT ProWindows 8.1 General

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:05 AM

All replies

Charlie Soroka

Hi,

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual Basic.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?").
    The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

The following forum may be helpful.

Windows 8.1 IT ProWindows 8.1 General

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:05 AM
  • I don't think that name should be a reserved name problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922975

I'd probably ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:53 AM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:51 AM