none
Error message "an error occurred when initializing this operation. Try restarting your computer and/or the Bluetooth device. " while trying to gain access to cellphone data via Bluetooth..

Question

• Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with Acer Aspire 4736G Laptop. My cellphone is Nokia 2600 Classic. I just recently discovered that I'm having trouble with my bluetooth connection. Whenever i attempt to double click my phone icon in the devices menu to view its bluetooth connection options, i will get a message saying: 

"an error occurred when initializing this operation. Try restarting your computer and/or the Bluetooth device. "

But my cell phone does successfully pair up with my Laptop..as each device can see each other..I can even connect to the internet using the link up..my problem start when I want to access control such as seeing files in my cellphone..the error message will pop up and I can't access my files..the laptop and cellphone can't interact..

however the phone will connect and interact with other bluetooth devices.

also, whenever i turn on bluetooth for my laptop, i always get the message: "ERROR: unable to start bluetooth stack service"

I have double checked many times but my drivers are all there and up to date.

Another info is that I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 9.0.0.736..

Hope someone can provide me a solution to this headache inducing problem..

Many thanks..

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'Hardware and Drivers' located here:  http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 5:09 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem -  this is on a HP PAVILLION LAPTOP MODEL dv6-1360us. Not surprising as this Windows 7 ____ has cost me countless [and unnecessary] hours since I bought it last December.  My EVO - 4g phone has no trouble pairing with any thing else but the Computer paired once, lost it and I haven't gotten anything except that stupid error message and the Bluetooth stack service ____ every so often even when I am not trying to use Bluetooth. Any ideas?
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:41 PM