Symantec antivirus RRS feed

• Question

•  

Guyz,

when i installed symantec and scaned my system, it took some virus.

but later when i double click the folders(drives) in mycomputer it says error, but opens when

right click->explore

how to resolve it???

Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:53 AM

All replies

• probably the folder is not a genuine folder but is instead a payload dumped by the virus ...
    Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:03 PM
  • all u need is to delete autorun.inf file from each drive.

for this go to folder option-show hidden file-unchek ' do not show operating....'

explore each drive and delete autorun.inf file..

Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:31 PM
  •  imran_khan_cc9020 wrote:

all u need is to delete autorun.inf file from each drive.

for this go to folder option-show hidden file-unchek ' do not show operating....'

explore each drive and delete autorun.inf file..

yep..u got virus..
    search for autorun.inf and delete all...
    better to format ur pc to clear all.
    Monday, September 24, 2007 5:25 AM
  • Hello

In this case, try to follw the follwing steps:

1.) First try to run the scan using the AVG antivirus, if it detects remove the viruses.

2). Try to log on to www.ewido.net and run the spyware scanning. This is one of the most powerful spyware removal website. On this website just click on  "scan now" and allow to install the Active X.

3). If these steps does not resolve the issue. Try to click on    start --> run-->  type in    sfc /scannow   click ok.

If this command ask for windows XP disk plz enter the same disk which you have used to install the operating system on the computer. restart the computer. If the issue persists then follow the following steps.

4). Try to perform the  system restore to the same date when your computer was doing fine.

5). Try to perform the repair installation , use this link:   http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm     for the steps of repair installtion.

6). I am sure this will resolve the issue.  

Good luck, if still issue persists reply back.

Regards

Himanshu Dogra

MCSE

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:21 PM