none
WMP 11 and WGA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently received a laptop from my grandfather. He is very "techy."  He reinstalled Windows XP Professional on this machine. It is all legal and legitimate and paid for. Everything has worked fine for a long time. I was able to install Windows Live, and Windows Update worked flawlessly. I just HAD to get the bright idea of upgrading to WMP 11. Previously, I had a WGA problem on an older machine (which was also confirmed valid, however WMP 11 said otherwise) when I tried to install WMP 11. It gave me a bunch of counterfeit warnings and messed up my desktop, etc. but I eventually got microsoft to straighten it out and everything is fine now. However, I am having the same problem with this laptop. I ran the Windows Validation program that microsoft offers and all that did was tell me what I already knew, microsoft thinks that my machine is counterfeited. I went back to a restore point so it doesn't show on my desktop but every time I start up the computer it warns me. Anyway, the point of this is : Is there any way to prove to microsoft that my windows is legit without having to reinstall or buy anything? I am a VERY loyal microsoft costumer but I cannot anything new at the moment. =/ This is a little unfortunate because now I cannot even run Windows Update. Thank you for your time. I have heard and seen that this is a very common problem. I have looked through similar posts but I did not see anything that helped my issue.

Friday, February 4, 2011 11:35 PM

Answers

• From your MGA Report:

Windows License Type: Volume
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Unforunately, the installed Windows XP Professional license is non-genuine.  It is a Volume License that once belonged to a business enterprise that reported the product key lost, stolen or misused.  Contact IBM support and ask them for a Windows recovery disc to that you can reinstall the proper operating system.  Please see:  How to replace Microsoft software

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:29 AM

All replies

• "D2theG" wrote in message news:7beb4d6d-1be1-46c6-9bae-8cb67551e7d5...

Hello,

I recently received a laptop from my grandfather. He is very "techy."  He reinstalled Windows XP Professional on this machine. It is all legal and legitimate and paid for. Everything has worked fine for a long time. I was able to install Windows Live, and Windows Update worked flawlessly. I just HAD to get the bright idea of upgrading to WMP 11. Previously, I had a WGA problem on an older machine (which was also confirmed valid, however WMP 11 said otherwise) when I tried to install WMP 11. It gave me a bunch of counterfeit warnings and messed up my desktop, etc. but I eventually got microsoft to straighten it out and everything is fine now. However, I am having the same problem with this laptop. I ran the Windows Validation program that microsoft offers and all that did was tell me what I already knew, microsoft thinks that my machine is counterfeited. I went back to a restore point so it doesn't show on my desktop but every time I start up the computer it warns me. Anyway, the point of this is : Is there any way to prove to microsoft that my windows is legit without having to reinstall or buy anything? I am a VERY loyal microsoft costumer but I cannot anything new at the moment. =/ This is a little unfortunate because now I cannot even run Windows Update. Thank you for your time. I have heard and seen that this is a very common problem. I have looked through similar posts but I did not see anything that helped my issue.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:04 AM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Code: 3
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VVCJF-CVCG4-3T64D
    Windows Product Key Hash: n13axPxTy6Y+8j3rGYUJNY6Oz2c=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-648-6209013-23857
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {5C4A33D1-F973-4FA6-8871-0019E53FCEAD}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-543-80070002_025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Documents and Settings\s\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{5C4A33D1-F973-4FA6-8871-0019E53FCEAD}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-3T64D</PKey><PID>55274-648-6209013-23857</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-527237240-789336058-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Model>289783U</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Version>1PET53WW (1.21 )</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20040614000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3AD23407018400DC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 14289:IBM|A87B:Semp Toshiba Informatica Ltda|A87B:TOSHIBA CORPORATION
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

... So it says "Blocked VLK" I am thinking that is bad.. how does this happen? This computer's system is legit. I know it for a fact... Or it was legit.. could something have happened?
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:22 AM
  • From your MGA Report:

Unforunately, the installed Windows XP Professional license is non-genuine.  It is a Volume License that once belonged to a business enterprise that reported the product key lost, stolen or misused.  Contact IBM support and ask them for a Windows recovery disc to that you can reinstall the proper operating system.  Please see:  How to replace Microsoft software

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:29 AM
  • Thank you for your time.
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:32 AM
  • Hello D2theG,

Does your IBM/Lenovo computer have a Certificate of Authenticity for Windows XP Pro on it?

If so, it may be possible to genuine-ize the current nongenuine Volume Licensing installation by using the Product Key Updater Utility:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/genuine/product-key

Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:52 PM