none
Using Autodesk Stingray to build UWP forWindows 10/ XBox One, No access to the required package. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum for this question, if not my apologies. As part of a Home Ed. program I am teaching game/app design and C# coding to a number of students. We have a full educational licence with Autodesk which provides us with their full suite of software.

To maintain clarity through the learning process, we are using Stingray as the game engine given it is fully integrated with all the Autodesk software. We have hit a problem, when we try to build for our Dev Xbox One, Stingray throws an error saying we need a package (SDK?) to deploy to Xbox One which is available through the MS Developer program. It appears that it is only available to id@dev registered users, which is confusing since we have access to the entire development pipeline with the sole exception of that package.

I am hoping the Stingray package can be made available to all devs, and not restricted to id@dev users. As I understand it, as an educational program that is not intending to develop and release a commercial game onto Xbox Live etc, we are not eligible for id@dev status, although I may be wrong in this.

Any information or guidance on how to obtain the 'missing link' would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

• Moved by Breeze Liu Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:56 AM off topic
    Monday, September 4, 2017 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrasteon,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! This is the official forum of Microsoft for developing Universal Windows Apps, your issue is more about Autodesk Stingray, it is not in our scope. You can try to find the Autodesk Stingray support in the Autodesk Stingray official website.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:56 AM