Baffling Report Behavior RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a report in Crystal pulling data from leads and the associated campaign response.  I am using three tables...Leads, Activity Pointer and Campaign Response.  I can pull data from Leads and Campaign responses seperately but when i try to pull data from both on same report i get 0 records, which i know to be incorrect.  I have linked the tables as follows

Lead.LeadId to ActivityPointer. RegardingObjectId

ActivityPointer.ActivityID to CampaignResponse.ActivityID

I can seem to find where i am going off the rails.....perhaps a fresh set of eyes.  Thanks.

Jean Luc

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:19 PM

Answers

• It took some time but we found the culprit...we are using CRM online and having a scribe database synced locally.  Unbeknownst to me, the IT manager of our company turned off the scribe sync for the ActivityParty table...which i was using in the report, because it took too much band width.  As a result the join i was using no longer functioned    We turned on the sync for that table and like magic the report worked again....

Jean Luc

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Jean Luc,

That is definitely the right join - are you sure there are Campaign Responses that have a Lead as their Regarding Object?

Could you post the whole SQL here?

Scott Durow
    Blog: www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365  Profile
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:57 PM
    Answerer
  • It took some time but we found the culprit...we are using CRM online and having a scribe database synced locally.  Unbeknownst to me, the IT manager of our company turned off the scribe sync for the ActivityParty table...which i was using in the report, because it took too much band width.  As a result the join i was using no longer functioned    We turned on the sync for that table and like magic the report worked again....

Jean Luc

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:00 PM
  • Hi Jean Luc,

Excellent - thanks for letting us know.

Scott Durow
    Blog: www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365  Profile
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:08 PM
    Answerer