Adding an IP range to the Firewall RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to evaluate Simdesk which provides for Internet storage with a Virtual Drive they call the "S" drive. When I login their desktop client via my Vista machine using Live One it comes back with an error that the S Drive could not load beacuase the firewall blocked it. When I called their tech support they stated I needed to add the following IP range to my ewall but I have not found a place to add an IP range. Please help 67.65.177.1 & 67.65.177.254
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:06 PM

Answers

• OneCare's firewall does not block or allow by IP address. The firewall allows programs outbound access based on being deemed safe and on the allow list, being digitally signed, and using standard ports and protocols or by being specified as allowed in the advanced firewall configuration. They will need to advise what port range their program needs and what protocols are used. In addition, any and all components that make the call to the interface to establish an Internet connection need to be known and added to the allow list.

-steve

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:51 PM