locked
Deletion Service errors RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    The following errors are being registered in the Application Event logs of a CRM server with rollup 11 installed.

    Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=ActivityPointerBase

    Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=CampaignActivityBase

     

    The error in the CRM Trace log show that the errors occur in "DeletionService.DeleteAll(CrmDbConnection connection, List`1 tables)" and "DeletionService.DeleteCampaignActivity(CrmDbConnection connection)". Over 12000 records in ActivityPointerBase have deletionstatecode 2, but there are no such records in CampaignActivityBase. Increasing the OleDBTimeout registry setting doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?


    Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:49 PM

Answers

  • I ended up deleting the AppointmentBase and AppointmentExtensionBase records that were linked to ActivityPointerBase records with deletionstatecode 2 (there were only 500 of them). After doing so, the deletionservice ran correctly and the 12000+ activitypointerbase records were all removed. Not my prefered solution but at least it solved the problem for now. Here's the script I used:

    DELETE FROM AppointmentExtensionBase 
    WHERE ActivityId IN 
    (
    	SELECT ActivityId 
    	FROM ActivityPointerBase 
    	WHERE DeletionStateCode = 2
    )
    
    DELETE FROM AppointmentBase
    WHERE ActivityId IN 
    (
    	SELECT ActivityId 
    	FROM ActivityPointerBase 
    	WHERE DeletionStateCode = 2
    )
    
    • Marked as answer by Miguel_P Monday, July 19, 2010 8:52 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:52 AM

All replies

  • You can request the hotfix for this issue from the KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956112

    • Marked as answer by MattNCModerator Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Miguel_P Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:14 PM
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:43 PM
    Moderator
  • Sorry, but that hotfix was included in the latest rollup 11 which is already installed on the server.
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:17 PM
  • I ended up deleting the AppointmentBase and AppointmentExtensionBase records that were linked to ActivityPointerBase records with deletionstatecode 2 (there were only 500 of them). After doing so, the deletionservice ran correctly and the 12000+ activitypointerbase records were all removed. Not my prefered solution but at least it solved the problem for now. Here's the script I used:

    DELETE FROM AppointmentExtensionBase 
    WHERE ActivityId IN 
    (
    	SELECT ActivityId 
    	FROM ActivityPointerBase 
    	WHERE DeletionStateCode = 2
    )
    
    DELETE FROM AppointmentBase
    WHERE ActivityId IN 
    (
    	SELECT ActivityId 
    	FROM ActivityPointerBase 
    	WHERE DeletionStateCode = 2
    )
    
    • Marked as answer by Miguel_P Monday, July 19, 2010 8:52 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:52 AM