Performance Point Server(Monitoring),Dashboard designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did not get the specific technical forum for PPS,so posting the question directly.

I am working on PPS monitoring.I am creating dashboards having my KPI using PPS dashboard designer.My measures are created in SSAS and I am using them im my dashboards.
    Below are some details:
    Cube:HeatIncidents
    Time Dimension:[Received Date]
    Time Hierarchy used :[Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date]
    Measure used:Incident Call Count
    Year level member:[Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date].&[2009]

My requirement is ,I need to define  actual and target in KPI such that Incident Call Count(measure) value for current year i.e 2009 comes in actual and the incident call count(measure) for previous year with refrence to my current year ie 2008 comes in my target value of KPI.

I want this to happen dynamically(do not want to hardcode year 2009).
    I am using mdx tuple formula inside my KPI both for my actual and target.
    For actual i.e for current year incident call count value,mdx tuple formula used is as below:

case

When IsEmpty( [Received Date].[Year] )

Then ([Measures].[Incident Call Count],STRTOMEMBER
    ("[Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date].[Year].&["+CSTR(Year(NOW()))+"]"))

Else (
    ([Measures].[Incident Call Count],[Received Date].[Year],[Received Date].[Quarter],[Received Date].[Month],[Received Date].[Week],[Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date].CurrentMember)

)

End

The above query returns me the Incident Call Count(my measure) value for current year i.e 2009.I guess here the else part is not working.

Mdx tuple formula for target is:
    Case

("[Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date].[Year].&["+CSTR(Year(NOW())-1)+"]"))

Else (
    (
    ParallelPeriod ([Received Date].[Year],1, [Received Date].[Month].CURRENTMEMBER),
    [Measures].[Call Count]
    )

)
    The above query returns me the Incident Call Count value for previous year i.e 2008

This all works fine for me but I have a Period filter on my dashboard which should filter my data accordingly.

I tried creating a Member selection filter for Period selecting the [Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date] as dimension and selecting members as all children of year 2009. The problem is when I for example select say quarter 1 and januray month inside the quarter.The desired behaviour should be like incident call count value for januray should come in actuals  and the incident call count value for the lprevious year's january of first quarter should come in target.But this is not happening.It gives me incident call count value for current year in actual and incident call count value for previuos year in target and not for januray correspondingly for both years.

As another option I tried creating period filter using MDX.
    The query used for period filter is:

Case

("[Received Date].[Year-Quarter-Month-Week-Date].[Year].&["+CSTR(Year(NOW()))+"]"))

Else (

[Received Date].[Year].CurrentMember.Siblings

)

End 

This query does not work when I change my selection in period filter.

It gives me the incident call count value and current year in actual and incident call count value for previous year in target which is not desired.

My values should change depending upon my member selection in period filter.

As per my knowledge(not very sure)PPS gives default grand total value of a measure unless specified.
    Is there any workaround for this .

I want my KPI to reflect changes in Incident call count values according to my member selection in period filter.

Can a mdx query to achieve the above be written inside period filter or should my mdx tuple formula for actuals and target be changed?

What wil be the mdx query inside the period filter so that when I change my selection,say suppose I choose quarter of 2009 ,I should get incident call count measure value for quarter 1 in 2009 in actuals and incident call count value for quarter 1 in 2008 in target and not the value for 2009 and 2008 year.

How to create a filter that works fine with the my above functional KPI.
    Reply to query is highly appreciated.

• Moved by Don Tan Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:54 AM Off Topic discussion from Bug Reporting Forum (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Monday, October 5, 2009 1:05 PM

All replies