using one laptop to log into multiple servers RRS feed

• Question

• We live in two houses.  I have a windows home server in each location.  My wife has a laptop which has windows home connector installed.   At house "A" we have aspirehomeA and at house
    "B" we have aspirehomeB.  However, with windows home server, it appears to remember the server name and requires only entering the password.  My question is how to make windows home connector more flexible so the laptop can log on to each server without the "help"?    thanks in advance. I have not been able to find an answer to this and feel very stupid

angel

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:31 PM

All replies

• With Windows Home Server V1, you can either use remote desktop to connect to your server, and then run the console there, or you can use the program discovery.exe, installed when you installed the connector, to switch which server the laptop is joined to. For Windows Home Server 2011, only the fomer option is available.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:47 AM
  • For Windows Home Server 2011, only the latter option is available.
    Ken - For WHS2011 the former is an option (RDP), not the latter. An alternative is to run VM in which you install the other connector if all you want to do is administer the Server.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Thanks for pointing out the typo. As for setting up a VM, why bother?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:46 AM