WLOC at risk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got the following issue.
    The status of WLOC is at risk (red).
    I'm asked to activate WLOC, but I can't.
    Besides, I can't update WLOC.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks for you help.

Ben.
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 5:28 PM

Answers

• Jim, thanks for your help. I've just got the AntiMalwareRepair run and the status is green now.
    Thanks. Ben

• Marked as answer by JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:26 PM
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

• Ben, check to see that your computer date and time are set correctly. Why are you being asked to activate, did you reinstall? What happens when you try to activate, is there an error message? Is there an error message when update fails?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:03 PM
  • Jim, thanks for your help.
    date & time are set correctly.
    Yes, I had to reinstall WLOC.
    When I try to activate WLOC, I've got an error message " WLOC can be activated, try later or contact the support".
    When I click on " update", I'm told that WLOC is up to date.
    How can I troubleshoot this issue?
    Thanks for your help.
    Ben.
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:18 PM
  • It could be a server problem causing you to be unable to activate One Care. I would wait and try to activate again tomorrow. If you can't activate tomorrow I would then contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:28 PM
  • Jim, thanks for your help. I've just got the AntiMalwareRepair run and the status is green now.
    Thanks. Ben

• Marked as answer by JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:26 PM
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:59 PM
  • You are welcome Ben. I wasn't much help but I'm glad you found a solution.
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 12:26 AM