Can I write an advanced find query to retrieve all contact emails which start with letter from a range? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a CRM online installation with about 15,000 contacts with email addresses. an advanced find query export only returns the first 10,000, and also stops halfway through those with N. I want to retrieve all contact emails which start with any letter between A and M inclusive, and then retrieve all contact emails which start with any letter between N and Z inclusive, so I can merge the 2 lists manually.

The only way I found so far is by manually stating 13 "starts with" conditions. is there a way to use letter ranges, regex or wildcards to combine these conditions?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:36 AM

All replies

• You can get around the record limit by using a report and then exporting the results to Excel.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:26 PM
  • Unfortunately advanced find doesn't support such conditions. To get around the export limit you can either use a report or increase the export limit. Check this to increase export limit http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/sv-SE/crmdeployment/thread/22c06aa4-52ae-4247-8cb3-23d1471bf608

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:28 PM
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:28 PM