Can't connect using WHS Console after installing WebGuide RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the WebGuide add-in on my HP MediaSmart today.  After installing, I configured it using the autoconfigure option.  During that, the console window became non-responsive. 

Since then, I have been unable to connect using the WHS Console and get a message that says "This computer can not connect to your home server.  Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on."

The server is still running and I can connect to shares and stream music using Firefly / Fireplay.  And I can remote desktop in and bring up the console from the link on the WHS desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom
    Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:09 AM

Answers

• Thomas Aylesworth said:

I installed the WebGuide add-in on my HP MediaSmart today.  After installing, I configured it using the autoconfigure option.  During that, the console window became non-responsive. 

Since then, I have been unable to connect using the WHS Console and get a message that says "This computer can not connect to your home server.  Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on."

The server is still running and I can connect to shares and stream music using Firefly / Fireplay.  And I can remote desktop in and bring up the console from the link on the WHS desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

You should probably try contacting the author of the add-in and see if he has any suggestions.  Unfortunately, if he can't help you, you might need to perform a Server Reinstallation.
    Saturday, September 6, 2008 4:22 PM