Windows XP home activation RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have just re-installed windows XP home on my pc using genuine Windows XP cd and now it is saying that i need to activate it. I tried doing so online but for some reason its not working so i clicked on activate by telephone but the numbers given were incorrect. I live in Malta Europe, can you please give me the proper telephone numbers?

Andre
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• trilseker,

Here is the website for international support and the contact information:

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx

You can try to validate Windows again: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine. Please locate the “Validate Windows” button in the upper right hand corner. Double click on the button and follow the guidance. Were you able to pass Windows Validation successfully? Please post again if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Lori MS

Friday, May 9, 2008 8:46 PM
  •  

Hi.

I have a problem.

I try to activate my Windows XP Home Edition, but nothing happens.

After logging in Screen the activation message appears, it says that I must activate and registrate my Windows XP HE. I enter the valid number of my Windows copy but Acivation programme doesn't want to connect to Internet and shows just the same window where I typed the registration key already. How can I solve this problem, because it desturbs me much!

Sunday, June 8, 2008 1:24 AM
  •  brgrruss wrote:

Hi.

I have a problem.

I try to activate my Windows XP Home Edition, but nothing happens.

After logging in Screen the activation message appears, it says that I must activate and registrate my Windows XP HE. I enter the valid number of my Windows copy but Acivation programme doesn't want to connect to Internet and shows just the same window where I typed the registration key already. How can I solve this problem, because it desturbs me much!

If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone:

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
      Or,
    click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray).
      Or,
    clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  

3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
     "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows". 

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Sunday, June 8, 2008 1:29 AM