Whs Blue Screening When Enabling Folder Duplication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have a home built WHS and when i enable Folder Duplication for two of my folders it Blue Screens with the following error " Error code 000000d1, parameter1 000001b8, parameter2 d0000008, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 f728716e " .

Ive searched for the error (related to WHS and sever 2003) and have not come up with anything thats an exact match. There was a VSS hotfix but that was included in the last service pack for server 2003. Anyone any ideas ?

SPEC;

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co GA-MA78GM-S2H

Memory - 2gb

Disk 0 Manufacturer Western Digital Model WDC WD5000AACS-00G8B SCSI Disk Device Size 500.1 GB Firmware Version 05.0

Disk 1 Manufacturer Samsung Model SAMSUNG HD103UI SCSI Disk Device Size 1000.2 GB Firmware Version 1AA0

Disk 2 Manufacturer Samsung Model SAMSUNG HD103UI SCSI Disk Device Size 1000.2 GB Firmware Version 1AA0

Thanks

Matt
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:35 AM

All replies

• Some Gigabyte motherboards have compatibility issues with SATA drives larger than 640 GB when used in "legacy IDE" configurations. If you search the forums (possibly using Google, as the built-in search feature isn't working as well as one would want) you should find other threads detailing this issue.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Thanks , 'll have a look but i am running in AHCI mode does that make any difference /
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:42 PM
  • Hi i have a home built WHS and when i enable Folder Duplication for two of my folders it Blue Screens with the following error " Error code 000000d1, parameter1 000001b8, parameter2 d0000008, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 f728716e " .

Ive searched for the error (related to WHS and sever 2003) and have not come up with anything thats an exact match. There was a VSS hotfix but that was included in the last service pack for server 2003. Anyone any ideas ?

SPEC;

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co GA-MA78GM-S2H

Memory - 2gb

Disk 0 Manufacturer Western Digital Model WDC WD5000AACS-00G8B SCSI Disk Device Size 500.1 GB Firmware Version 05.0

Disk 1 Manufacturer Samsung Model SAMSUNG HD103UI SCSI Disk Device Size 1000.2 GB Firmware Version 1AA0

Disk 2 Manufacturer Samsung Model SAMSUNG HD103UI SCSI Disk Device Size 1000.2 GB Firmware Version 1AA0

Thanks

Matt
    Is it only on those 2 specific shares you have problems with Folder Duplication (have you tried other folders)?  If it's just those 2, did you do anything to those folders that is unsupported (manually setting the permissions on the actual folders, copying data to D:\shares, etc)?
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:13 AM
  • I must enable this thread to email when updates are put up.

I had a similar thought and it only seems to be when i enable duplication on my music share , which is 311 Gb, other smaller shares seem fine. I havent changed permissions but i did copy data into d:\shares\music when i was recovering it from a borked disc onto my fresh new WHS .. did i do wrong and is there anyway to correct what ive done ?

Thanks

Matt
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:54 PM
  • I must enable this thread to email when updates are put up.

I had a similar thought and it only seems to be when i enable duplication on my music share , which is 311 Gb, other smaller shares seem fine. I havent changed permissions but i did copy data into d:\shares\music when i was recovering it from a borked disc onto my fresh new WHS .. did i do wrong and is there anyway to correct what ive done ?

Thanks

Matt
    It may or may not have anything to do with your problem, but you could try copying the data from the server to a client (using the UNC path), delete everything in the Music share, wait an hour (or at least until the next time WHS "balances"), then copy the data back to the server (again, using the UNC path).
    Friday, November 13, 2009 7:49 PM