none
Issue with SVN folders and Entries file RRS feed

• Question

• Environment INFO:

HP laptop

Vista 64 Ultimate

SyncToy 2.0 Echo option.

When using Synctoy 2.0 to echo files from my “D:\” drive to my portable drive I encounter problems. First my Ram and CPU max out. Image:

Second SyncToy will stick on file “D:\Code\CSLA SVN\tags\V3\V3-6-0-b2\.svn\entries” No extension on the entries file and an “Adding Action” is the step where it stalls. Image.

I stopped the action because I received out of memory error eventually. I also compared the folders size and found out they are identical but Synctoy 2 freezes. Image.

The log file is set to Verbose but no error is reported.

I will try a work around by not copying that folder but would be nice to have the ability to copy all folders and files.

Is this issue on the bug list? SVN Entries was reported here also.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Sync/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3308855&SiteID=75&wa=wsignin1.0

Stan

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Stan

Thanks for all the information provided. I will investigate a little more on the interaction with SyncToy and .svn entry files, and get back at you tomorrow.

Maria del Mar Alvarez Rohena - MSFT

Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:16 AM
  • Maria del Mar Alvarez Rohena,

I appreciate you looking into this issue.

I have also ran into another issue with the same sync folder. The verbose log file did not reveal any problems as to why a 1kb text file could not be copied or at least it sat at "adding Action" for over 20 minutes. Possibly it is doing something else and the application is not displaying the correct information but it still is too long. I am finding in general with other folder pairs that SyncToy is slower than other sync applications I have been working with.

I deleted the folder pair and the synctoy guid dat file and then created a new exact folder pair. Unfortunately the same issue is present.

Take care

Stan

Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Stan

We are still investigating what the error is with SVN entry files. I will keep you informed of what I find out.

Maria

Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:45 AM