No Software Folder after Installing Windows Home Server 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know why there is no shared "Software" folder on the system after successully installing Windows Home Server "Vail" 2011?

Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:53 AM

Answers

• That folder is not automatically installed as in WHS v1.  The connector software is kept somewhere else besides the shared folder.  You can easily create your own software folder on the server though through the wizard.  Thats what I did.
    D.W.
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:31 PM

All replies

• That folder is not automatically installed as in WHS v1.  The connector software is kept somewhere else besides the shared folder.  You can easily create your own software folder on the server though through the wizard.  Thats what I did.
    D.W.
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:31 PM
  • I figured that might be the case only cause I actually created one and it did appears. Now the next issue is when you want to install Add-Ins what folder are you supposed to do it from? In reading some of the documentation it says you can do it from the Launch Pad although it installs it on the actual worksation or laptop you are using. Are you aware of how you might be able to get past this one?
    Christopher J Phelps
    Friday, February 11, 2011 5:41 AM