Will there be an update for the XRM-Sdk (Advanced Developer Extensions) in near future? RRS feed

• Question

• I really like the the direction the CRM Sdk is going, but there still are some serious issues with the 4.0.12. release.

Especially the wrong usage of Premature Caching is VERY problematic and can be the death of any application of larger scale. There is a messy workaround (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/2407e44d-9903-4587-8051-575388189cec), but i really can't use such a broken access strategy to the data-layer for production.

There are also some other big concerns in using this SDK-Version (no usage in plugins, no linked entities-support in LINQ,...), besides some missing features like count, authentication options and a code generator, which is not flexible enough (strip prefixes!?!).

I'd need to know if we expect an update anytime soon, before we extensively start using the official SDK.

Monday, October 18, 2010 2:15 PM

Answers

• We are in the last stages prior to launching it.

Shan

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Marked as answer by mantensteiner Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:17 PM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:59 PM

All replies

• I wouldn't hold your breath.

There were rumours not long after its release of a July'ish refresh; never happened.

There have been subsequent rumours of a late September'ish refresh; I haven't seen it.

--pogo (pat)
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:08 AM
  • We are in the last stages prior to launching it.

Shan

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Marked as answer by mantensteiner Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:17 PM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Thanks for your reply! So i can stay tuned...
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:18 PM