Error while starting Services in OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi Techies,

I setup a test envt of windows 2003 AD and two DCs on two different Virtual PCs. And third one as a member server windows 2003 R2 (MS virtual Envt.)where I have installed OCS 2007 SE with Enterprise Admin credentials.

I used our active certificate in our test OCS envt. which is SSL 1024bit. So far all good, not showing any error but when I try to Start the services I got this error "[0xC3EC79E6] Service failed to start as requested." for all the components.

I also applied the certification on default website in IIS.

I only need IM in our envt.

I checked AD replicated, don't know where and what to do next. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, February 7, 2009 8:58 PM

All replies

• Check out this link. Looks like it may be your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941724

KB941724

Mark

Sunday, February 8, 2009 12:51 AM
  • Thanks Mark, But that is not the solution though I already tried that.

Also I have not deployed Edge server nor need it.

However I suspect it is more like Certificate issue. I got this in OCS MMC "Verify that the Subject Name of the certificate presented by the remote peer is configured in the trusted server list."

There Certificate where I exported from and Imported into took care that server and domain name must match..but no luck

Not sure where to modify the subject name. Any idea..!!
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 1:30 AM
  • Is this just for a front end server?

SN should be the pool FQDN
    SAN should include FQDN of the front end server itself

Also you need to apply the cert. through the certificate wizard when deploying the front end server not just the IIS console.

Jon
    Monday, February 9, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Guys, Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

It turned out the certificate I imported from different server was not working. Installing CA server fixed the problem.

I simply don't understand, why we need certificate when we only need the communication happen Internally only. I guess it's Microsoft strategy to promote his another product.

Monday, February 9, 2009 5:43 PM